City of Culture

Impromptu travels are always fun, even more so when your favorite people are with you. Such was my recent visit to Janakpur district, which is around 225 kilometers away from Kathmandu. This is not a travel blog, but I can't help but write about my journeys as traveling is the perfect opportunity for me to have some spare time to post and flaunt beautiful clothes against beautiful backgrounds.

This cultural and religious city of Janakpur appeals you with its old-world charm. The impressive architecture and 'Mithila' art displayed in the Janaki temple are nothing short of amazing and one visit is not enough to take in all the sights.

So for this post, I wore an Anarkali dress, apt for the cultural setting of this district. This ethnic outfit belonging to the royal families of Mughal era was brought back in vogue by Bollywood celebrities. It was a complete suit but I decided to ditch the trousers and instead wore these comfortable cargo pants. The blue button down complimented the minimalism of the outfit. And even though my school days were over, my love for Mary-Janes weren't. The beautiful bangles that I bought in front of Janaki temple felt like a stack of rainbows in my hand and brightened the ensemble.

Until next time then <3














Sweater: Primark, Hague
Anarkali dress: Local store
Cargo pants: Zara
Mary janes: DMK
Bangles: Janakpur market
Cuff: mrp

PC: Favorite people

Comments

Popular Posts

My Best Friend's Wedding

Escapade

Back to School

Wanderlust-er